As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Sipping tea, being sick

I thought as I sipped my tea, I might as well write a little something :) (Ginger tea with honey and lemon for those wondering)

Well ... I'm sick!!! Not sick sick, just sick! Respiratory infection I believe (self diagnosed of course). It's respiratory care week, so I though why not!!!!! Speaking of respiratory care week ... have you hugged your respiratory therapist today????

I woke up early because my mouth and throat hurt ... so I just got up. I have blisters on the roof of my mouth and my throat just hurts. The blisters are new .... just got those yesterday, but the rest of my sypmtoms have been here a week! {ersonally I think they've outstayed there visit!!!

I think we're going to IKEA today to pick up a few things for the house ... it's drizzily out, so why not. We could do that ... come home and just chill for the rest of the day. I have a paint can to make for the little boy next door for trick or treat, so I could do that .... and yes of course unpack! Yesterday I made the cutest M&M paint can and filled it with the HUGE pag of M&M's from SAMS club for Mo's cutie Matthew! She's just going to love me giving him all those M&M's! But get it .... Matt and Mo or Mom ... M&M!!! Okay ... so I seem to be the only one to get it. He's dressing up as a lion (he's almost 2 I believe) and has been practicing his ROARRR!! The little one next door is a tiger ... we saw him as he left to go to the mall trick or treating! I think tomorrow he's just helping his mom hand out candy.

I called out sick for the first time Monday ... I always feel SO guilty doing that! But man was I sick!!!! I worked Sunday night for 4 hours (they called my Friday to see if I could cover) and I about died!!! I was miserable!! I thought I was just going to fall over!! I was in the ER and it was hopping!!! And of course I had a baby that was intubated and on a ventilator (what a little fighter he was ... I'm sure he's extubated and possibly home by now) that got shipped out to another hospital. So most of my time was spent in that room between giving treatments and doing blood gasses to the various people that would come and go .... I think more came than went!

But anyway .... if we're going to get to IKEA this morning I better get moving. Since it's Saturday we like to get there shortly after they open to beat the crowds. Oiy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home