As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Back blogs ......

I haven't been on for awhile due to the move, so let me catch you up ..........

Let's see ....... we moved Saturday (October something) with the help of Shyam, Donnie, Rob, and Bryan. I pretty much did nothing except supervise, I'm good at that. Shyam spent the night Friday to help us finish packing which was very nice of him.
Sunday my parents came up and we finished getting the rest of the stuff moved, thanks to them. Not a good day for me because I was too overwhelmed and had panic attacks, etc. But everyone got it done.

The house is pretty much unpacked now ... except for my scrapbook room but that's another story. Too many boxes and too overwhelming!!! There's our kitchen things which will go in our hutch once I find one I like ... so that's still in boxes. Everything else is good to go.

Brenda suprised us with a kitchen table and chairs (I think I mentioned that earlier) so that's our only furniture for now! We have ordered a couch and chair, but until we get that in we don't have much. I kept my big oversized green comfy chair which is in the basement in my scrapbook room so I can chill in front of the fireplace in the winter! It will be nice once our furniture is in and we have actual places to sit.

We got a call from our social worker last Monday and we "lucked" into an apointment for our homestudy for the adoption. She could do it Friday at 2:30. We freaked, no furniture and the house is full of boxes. It got our butts in gear to unpack and get things looking nice. We explained how we JUST as in JUST moved and our furniture wouldn't be in for 3 weeks, but we had a kitchen table and chairs (thanks Brenda). She was very understanding. So Bart took off a half a day and we had our first homestudy. Funny, I wasn't nervous .... you'd think I'd be panic city, but I wasn't. She was very nice and gave us TONS to do. We went the next day (Saturday) to Baltimore to get our fingerprints taken (almost 200 bucks) because we heard that can take awhile. Also on Saturday we got our "big blue book". They weren't lieing when they called it big .... we have SO much to do it's not funny!!! But the adoption feels real now, and I don't think November 2005 will ever get here!

I've gotten some words of advice from our new neighbor who recently adopted a cute little boy from Russia. She's told me not to hesitate to knock on her door with questions, etc. that she was more than happy to do what she can. She's really nice.

Our other neighbor on the other side is very nice as well ... he works A LOT and is hardly every home, but nice nonetheless.

Socrates is adjusting to the townhouse well. He's having a ball with the empty space .... I'm not sure what he's going to do when our furniture comes in! But he's been great ... and the window's are just his height to look out of which is way too cute! (Yes I've gotten pictures)

I'm on my regular night shift schedule now (which is where I am now ... work). It's okay ... I have stories but I'll save those for another time.

Tomorrow (well today) I plan to spackle the few spots we messed up on the move and do touch up painting. I would also like to get the upstairs bathroom painted so I can get my cute frog border up .... but we'll see. I tried to get Bart to let Shyam have Friday off so he could help me paint and unpack my SB room but it was a no go (sorry Shyam). I told Bart that it would get him out of doing it and helping me pick out the paint etc, but still a no go. Shyam's like having a gay friend, which you just gotta love! :)

okay ... I better run, I have a big TWO treatments to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home