As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Two more days to go .....

Two more day then I'm off until Monday .... stupid hospital orientation on Monday though!!!! Those are always SO boring ... I'm taking a book!!

Today at work was good ... worked on my own, no supervisor today ... whoohooo!! I was given a light assignment (I had like 4 treatments, PLEASE) and then I pretty much helped everyone out because it was "busy". Such a different pace than I'm use to ... it will take some adjusting!!
I can tell you now that I will NEVER go to that hospital for anything!! Today in the AICU a lady on the ventilator went into v-tach, her heart rate was up to 250 for a good 5 minutes. You should have seen the nurses running around, tripping over each over. The dr's didn't really know much, or they did but didn't want to do it (like shocking her, or thumping her) since she was awake, etc. It was rediculous, I was embarrassed ..... and sad that out of the 10 people in the room I knew what to do! What's wrong with that picture!!!!! I mean, they're critical care nurses! Sad!!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home