As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Friday, September 10, 2004

Huricane Ivan ....

Well, in about an hour Bart (that's my husband) will be leaving for Florida. He's going to be driving to Orlando to check the truck to make sure everything is running smoothly to hopefully prevent any problems of getting the data from Ivan. He even bought a little generator which is cute!

Tonight wasn't a fun night .... I stupidly spent half of it snubbing him and being mad because he's leaving when I've had such a rough time with my anxiety. Then finally I broke down and lost it ... had a bad anxiety attack and then we talked. I hate having anxiety!!!!!! I think I was staying mad at him to one, prevent myself from having an anxiety attack (I still can't just let it ride, I have to fight them .... not the thing to do, but it's me), and two, in the hopes he would just not go. Selfish, yes ... but I depend on him a lot .... especially when I have my bad attacks, which has been a lot lately. I now feel really bad because he's so worried about me and how I'll do .... that's not what I wanted to do, yet I did! He's not real keen on going anyway and it honestly wasn't my intention to make going even harder for him.

Sooooooo .... he's leaving tonight with a guy from the IT department I don't know. They're going to drive through the night to Orlando (taking turns driving). Bart will then work on the truck ... visit some sites in the area to look at them and insure they stay up and his plan is to be back Sunday. He'll be driving back by himself .... that's a long drive by yourself!! Luckily it's a drive he's done many times since we frequent Disney a lot so he knows the way like the back of his hand (not that it's a complicated trip though).

I understand it's something he HAS to do because he is the one that knows the truck and how to fix and trouble shoot it. It's just bad timing .... but isn't Mother Nature that way usually? And I should be thinking of those that Ivan has hit and will hit and how lucky I am to be in Maryland out of the way of disaster. I feel for those in Florida who are getting hit one after another ... my heart goes out to them!

I work tomorrow .... 7A-3P .... then I'm off until Monday. I'm not sure what I'll do over the weekend ... but I'll keep myself busy I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home