As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Decisions

Decisions, it's something we're faced with every day. Some days may pass without any hard decisions, but daily we make a lot of decisions. The simple one's just pass by without much thought at all, you may not even realize that you've made a decision it was so minute. Then there are the kind that take some thought, the one's that keep us up at night. I'll take those minute one's any time!



Lately I've been faced with a lot of the decisions that keep me awake during all hours of the day and night. And right when you think you've made the decision, you're kept awake with yet another one ... I'm awake wondering if the decision I made was right! Is that a normal thing?



That's the problem ... how do you know you've made the right decision?? If I were asked this earlier in my life, I would have answered with barely thinking ... if you made the decision with your heart it has to be right. That's how I've made all the decisions in the past ... I've just followed my heart. When friends and family have come to me with problems, many times I've said those exact words ... just follow your heart. Now I find myself questioning my heart; therefor, not only questioning all the decisions I'm now making, but all those I've made in the past as well!



Weren't we graded in school for something they called "decision making"?? If that's so, I would have had to pass that class in order to graduate, right? It's that's true, why do I have such trouble with making decisions? Why do I question everything? Why wasn't I taught the real way to make decisions? Yes I was taught right from wrong by my parents. I know what's right and what's wrong ... morally and lawfully.
What I don't know is how to make the decisions I need to make to live my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home