As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Men and there toys

What is it about men and there toys? All it takes is the SLIGHTEST little shimmer of an electronic something and they're drawn to it like a magnet.

Being married to a computer geek, we are constantly getting packages with the newest gadgets (or as I like to call them ... the newest shiny object). Silver and shiny ... he has to have it. Sadly, my nephew is becoming that way as well! He has the PSP, iPod, cell phone, digital camera, etc ... all very nice, and all very shiny.

Bart is a PC man to the death ... so he has always told me. When I wanted a notebook (remember when Mac had the cute notebooks that came in colors?), of course I couldn't get THAT! What was I thinking asking for a Mac product? He gave in on the iPod, how could he not? It's the best MP3 player out there!!! Then a few weeks ago he started talking (or should I say geek speaking) about this new computer that was out .... A MAC!! He didn't want to admit it, but he loved this thing ... not only that, but he wanted it! My Bill Gates, Jr wanted a MAC!!!!!! Jaw hitting the floor, I wasn't sure what to say! I thought he was just talking ... I mean, it was a Mac ... they were evil, no good, vial things. Not to mention ... not shiny!

So today, we get a package from UPS .... I of course get excited because it comes to my business name (because he paid via paypal), open it and it's just some computer something or other. Beats me ... all I know is it goes inside the computer, and honestly, that's all I want to know! Then later in the day what comes? A BIG heavy box, addressed to Bart. Hmmmmm! I didn't know he ordered anything, what the heck could it be?

You've probably guessed by now ... he got it! There is now a 2GHz Intel Core Duo with a 20-inch widescreen LCD sitting on his desk, all set up ... and he's loving it!!! Okay I admit, I have no clue what the heck 2GHz Intel Core Duo means, I'd have to get out my geek speak to English dictionary. But it's pretty sweet looking. And of course NOBODY is to know he has it! (Heaven forbid!!) But wait, it's not his .... it's mine! PLEASE! I didn't ask for it, I just wanted a bigger monitor and a cool pink keyboard. So really, it's mine, not his ... so if people find out, it's not as big of a deal! Is he forgetting about the Mac mini sitting under his desk? That's his!

But I don't mind ... I'm redoing my Scrapbook room, and the white will look much better than my black Dell that I've SO been wanting to spray paint! But ... we'll have to see if I get it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home