As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope each and everyone of you had a wonderful day. For those of you who traveled, I hope your travels were safe.
We had a nice drive, a little ice and snow the first half ... but no problems at all (besides me getting hit in the head by a chunk of flying ice at the rest stop). We arrived at my parents around 1 ish greeted by the smell of delicious food my mom was cooking. My sister and her family (minus her husband) were already here; they arrived the night before. Shortly after we got here they left to go to have Thanksgiving with my brother - in - laws family. Once they all came back, we had our dinner. What did have you're wondering? Let me tell you, our usual ...
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
broccoli casserole
Corn bread stuffing
Corn (fresh from the cob, frozen from the summer)
Cottage Cheese
Sweet potato casserole
broccoli and cauliflower salad (we always have a salad, but it varies year to year)
Homemade cranberry sauce
Rolls
Green Beans
Hourseradish pickles

Pretzel Salad
Cranberry Salad
Pumpkin Pie
Apple caramel pecan Pie
Pumpkin Roll
Chocolate Mint Cake

How much was left over? Enough for a few more Thanksgivings!!! :)

Kaylie prayed before everyone was in the room, but then wouldn't do it once everyone got there, because she said pops always prays. So my Dad gave the blessing, we went around the table and said what we were both grateful for. (Mine was for an unknown mother in China) Then we all sat and ate, and ate, and ate. Then we sat, and sat, and sat.

Shortly after everything was cleaned up my Uncle Stan and his wife came by. They stop by every Thanksgiving. It'a always nice to see Uncle Stan.

Later that evening Kaylie HAD to open her birthday presents from her Mom, Dad, and brother. She got a very nice digital camera which she was ecstatic about!!! We spent the next hour or so having us take pictures of her. (Yes, she LOVES to look at herself)

It was an enjoyable day. I had fun with Kaylie that evening. I think we're a bit too much a like!!! Dad and Bart watched football (and Bart of course had his laptop nearby). Mom and Brenda were both in bed very early ... it was around 8, I believe. Nick and Brian played pool ... and Kaylie and I were just Kaylie and I. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

okay I must know what horshradish pickles are. I love them both so it sounds intriquing

10:02 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

Then you would LOVE these Becky ... I'll get the recipe to you! :)

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home