As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, November 15, 2004

A "new" hutch for the kitchen

Finally .... I got a hutch!!! Our kitchen is BIG and needed something in it ... even Shyam suggested a hutch. :) Not to mention we needed someplace to keep the place settings we received as wedding gifts over 6 years ago (yes they were still in their boxes). I found one at an antique store ... not exactly what a wanted, but the right size, and price so we got it. It was delivered yesterday while I was at work, so you know what I had to do when I got home .... start unpacking and filling it!!! Man does it look nice ... but the kitchen looks a lot different. And the hutch matches the cabinets but not the kitchen table. But does it really matter? The kitchen table has a butcher block top and the legs are white ... so I think with a runner on it, it will all blend just fine. The hutch that matched the table was not only too small, but also cost more than this one, not to mention I didn't really like it.

Tomorrow our furniture is FINALLY being delivered .... we'll have a place to sit now!!!! Now when we get company they have a seat besides the floor or kitchen table! I can't wait! It's all starting to come together and look like a home!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home