As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, December 17, 2007

The magic of the season

There is nothing more peaceful than sitting in a room with all the lights off and looking at a lite Christmas tree. All the ornaments glistening from the twinkle lights. I love it, I miss it. The past few years I haven't had a tree, and every Christmas Eve I have gone to bed wishing to wake up to that magical tree. But of course when I would wake on Christmas still no tree.
There's still time to put a tree up, but the question is will I? This last in December is it really worth the hassel? Dragging out all the boxes of ornaments, putting up the tree, etc ... Just to take it down come January.
I had planned to put lights on the house, candles in the windows, the whole nine yards this year ... but of course life has gotten in the way and I haven't done a thing. It would probably help if my house wasn't filled with unpacked boxes. Maybe after this weekend when I have a living room of furniture rather than boxes I will be more likely to put the tree up. Only time will tell.

I do long for that peaceful feeling of the lights ... just sitting there looking at the tree.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love to just have the lights on,, but I also like to have music on!

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home