As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Monday, August 20, 2007

Today was the day

Well today was the day ... I got up WAY too early (for those that know me that means anytime before noon) to make it to DC by 10am. I got there at 9 ... so plenty of time! :) I did make the mistake of deciding to drive around the area to see what was around just to get lost for a half an hour, but still managed to be 15 minutes early for my interview so all wasn't lost! :)

I met with two men, both very nice and seemed happy with me. The second even gave me a mini tour of the NICU, PICU and cardiac ICU. Very nice ... it would be a great place to work. The only downfall is all I would have to learn!!!! I've never worked JUST with kids before so it would be pretty much starting from scratch. The first guy I spoke with said getting hired there is like going back to school ... I would be given homework, tested, and even have pop quizzes!!! OIY!!!!!!!!

The head honcho is on vacation this week and before a job offer would be made she would need to meet with me and give her thumbs up. So that will happen next week. It sounds promising as the second guy was telling me I should go ahead and get the ball rolling for my DC liscence (I only have a liscence to practice in MD), etc. But I need to do some serious thinking before I take that step! A great opportunity, but I'm extremely intimidated by the whole thing.

I have another interview at another hospital NEXT wed ... I'm becoming the expert on interviews! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No worries Abby the Lord is gonna put ya where he needs you, it is all gonna work out!

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home