As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The hunt for the right house

I haven't written about our house hunting saga yet. For the past month or two, we've been house hunting! I'm not sure which is harder ... finding the right man, or finding the right house!!! The whole thing has my head spinning beyond belief.
There are certain things I want ... and you know me, I don't ask for much! :) I want a 2 story house with a nice size forayer, at LEAST 3 bedrooms, but prefer 4, a living room, dining room, family room, and then a glorious master suit where I can escape to! Don't forget we'd need a scrapbook room, and Bart needs an office! Did I mention land? I'd like land too .... and remember I live in the land of townhomes!!! Land is hard to come by around here, and when you find it ... you pay dearly for it! But seriously ... does that sound like a hard place to find??
I thought we had it narrowed down to 3 .... all different, all in different towns, all having something special to offer. One an old Victorian (1815) that was on 2.4 acres. This house had been totally renovated in 2000 with the best of the best! It looked out of a Better Homes and Garden! All original hardwood floors, and the staircase was all original wood and beautiful. The only problem ... I don't think it had enough room for all our needs ... especially with the baby grand piano!!! That's become a pain when looking at homes!
The second, a colonial in a neighborhood. .2 acres, again walked in and just ooohhhed and awwwwwed. Gorgeous! Most of the yard is in the front, so very little back yard. It had a finished basement with a family room and two very nice sized rooms for an office and scrapbook room. The family room is oddly shaped, but it's a family room nonetheless. The master suit rocked with funky orange walls I loved, but walking back to the bath area it was rather small. Oh, I forgot ... I want a garden tub!! And this had ... no garden tub. A stand up shower if I remember correctly. But it had a 2 car garage, and 4 bedrooms.
The third, I loved from the picture itself. It's a very unique looking 55 year old home on an acre (or more) of land. Beautifully landscaped, and a new privacy fence which is great! This house is unique and has a lot of personality. It looks small, but open a door and you'd be amazed! The only problem ... no forayer, no dining room, no living room, and no garden tub.

So where does this leave us ....

Bart's happy with anything, as long as it has high speed internet. So it's me ... usually I'm not the indecisive one, he is! I guess I'll just keep spinning until my heart leads me the right way ..... but man am I getting dizzy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home