As boring as it may be, it's my life. You live life and learn as you go along. So hop into my life and enjoy the ride! (You don't want to forget to buckle up, sometimes it's one heck of a bumpy ride!)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Why is it?

Why can't things in my life remain constant? Everything goes well, and stays well .... does that happen??

I was going along thinking everything was fine .... I was married, going through an adoption process ... looking forward to having my baby daughter from China, buying clothes, getting a room ready, etc. I had friends, one in particular that I cared more for than he'll ever know. He understood me, stood by me through everything, as I did for him. Doesn't sound too bad, really. Not the perfect life, but not bad!

Now here I am, adoption called off .... I hurt thinking about that daily!!!! Today I watched the little girls 2 homes down play as the Mother took the groceries in. I went to get the mail as they were pulling in ... the oldest of the 2, waved from her back seat car seat in the minivan and said hi to me in her cute little voice. As I watched them play, I couldn't help but think ... my daughter could be playing with them. And not only that ... it's a Chinese family, so she would learn about her culture. So I sat here looking out my bay window watching them with tears down my face.

Then there's the friend .... the one that can't even return an call or an email. The one that can't even thank me for a gift.

How can someone's life turn so bad so abruptly??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,

I'm sorry to hear of your loss... to be preparing for a child is a delightful thing... and then to have it wrenched away is devestating...

I don't know about your friend, but I was frustrated with a friend who wouldn't return an e-mail that was rather personal. I didn't hear from him for a week and a half and I was hopping mad. It turns out his sister had died. Boy, did that situation change my outlook... you just never know what's going on with another person.

Ups and downs are normal... it's like the waves of the sea crashing on the shore and then pulling back. The seasons are evidence of cycles in our lives as well. What you are experiencing is something each of us faces... not to dimish the pain, just to let you know that you are not alone.

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Abby said...

As always Michelle, you write such wonderful things! Thank you!

11:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home